This volume is the second of three study guides on the New Testament. It discusses the final year of the Savior’s ministry, His prophecies of the Last Days and the 2nd Coming, the Last Supper, His atonement in Gethsemane, His torture, crucifixion and death on Calvary, followed by His mission to the spirit world, His resurrection, His 40-day ministry among the Apostles, and His ascension into heaven.
We follow the early ministry of the Apostles as they lead the Church during a period of rapid growth. From the day of Pentecost to the calling of Saul, we see the Gospel taken to all the world, including the Gentiles as well as the Jews.
The cover features the classic image of “The Last Supper” painted by Carl Heinrich Bloch in 1890.
Table of Contents
THIRD YEAR OF JESUS’ MINISTRY (Cont’d.)
16. The Good Shepherd (Luke 10; John 9-10)
17. Worldly vs. Spiritual Wealth (Matt 19; Mark 10,12; Luke 12-14,19)
18. Humility; Service; Gratitude; Finding the Lost (Matt 20; Luke 14-17)
19. Saving Power of Faith; Raising Lazarus (Luke 16-19; John 11)
THE WEEK OF ATONING SACRIFICE
20. Condemning Priesthood Hypocrisy (Matt 21-23; Mark 11-12; Luke 19-21; John 12)
21. Signs of the Second Coming (Matt 24; JS-Matthew)
22. Parables of the Latter-Day Kingdom (Matt 25)
23. The Last Supper & First Sacrament (Matt 26; Luke 22; John 13)
24. Holy Spirit & Great Intercessory Prayer (John 14-17)
25. The Atonement in Gethsemane (Matt 26-27; Mark 14-15; Luke 22-23; John 17-19)
26. Jesus’ Crucifixion & Death (Matt 26-27; Mark 14-15; Luke 22-23; John 18-19)
RESURRECTED; 40-DAY MINISTRY; ASCENSION
27a. The Resurrection of Christ (Matt 28; Luke 24; John 20-21)
27b. Jesus’s 40-Day Ministry & Ascension
THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES
28. Witnesses of His Glory (Acts 1-5)
** Whence the Apostles?
29. Growing Church; Saul’s Conversion (Acts 6-9)
30a. Welcoming the Gentiles (Acts 10-12)
** Life & Ministry of Christ, Chronological List of Events
** Paul’s Life & Ministry, Chronological List of Events
** Special chapters providing additional information